POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MCPov Peculiarities : Re: MCPov Peculiarities Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MCPov Peculiarities
From: clipka
Date: 27 Feb 2009 08:55:01
Message: <web.49a7f07e336c2d8d8d0daedf0@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Are you sure you want a portal for the glass?

No, I'm not sure about anything regarding MCPov ;)

The web page states that a portal is good if you want good caustics, and I do
want good caustics...

Maybe I need a proper definition of "good" though...

Another thought though: Without the portal I had the same problem with the glass
not looking properly transparent to begin with, and then MCPov collecting bright
dots to make up for it. Which is not the most performant way to get a good shot
I guess, so maybe I *do* want the portal.